Health Safety & Environment
Health and Safety
Jagal’s Health and safety Policy is to ensure that every step is taken to protect the health, safety and welfare of all employees in its care and those members of the public who may be affected by its operations.
Jagal recognizes its responsibilities with regard to health and safety and its duty to:
- Provide and maintain safe and healthy work methods, rules and procedures, work areas, premises, equipment and machinery, thereby minimizing the risk of personal injury, accident and damage to property
- Ensure that all statutory regulations and changes in these regulations are communicated and followed in respect of Health and Safety at Work
- Provide adequate information, guidance, training and supervision in order that all employees are aware of the fire safety, health precautions and hazards, to enable them to carry out their work safely and effectively
- Provide proper measure of fire protection, fire prevention, fire fighting and evacuation systems in the event of an emergency
- Provide appropriate first-aid facilities to safeguard the health and safety of all employees
- Provide all necessary protective clothing and safety equipment as may be required under existing enactments, relevant statutory provisions and acceptable norms for the task being performed
- Institute and maintain a procedure for reporting all accidents, incidents and dangerous occurrences and carrying out investigations into the cause and how to prevent a reoccurrence of the said event
- Establish suitable Management Systems to set and monitor the performance standards and administer the health and safety of persons not employed by the organization, and ensure that contractors and visitors to the premises and work sites are aware of their obligations under this policy and the relevant statutory regulations
Jagal is committed to the care of the environment and prevention of pollution. The organisation ensures that all its activities are carried out in conformance with the relevant environmental legislation.
The company seeks to minimize waste, promote recycling, reduce energy consumption, reduce harmful emissions and, where possible, to work with suppliers and contractors who themselves have sound environmental policies.
As an organization, Jagal is committed to the following guiding principles:
- Identifying any activities within our business that may have an impact on pollution and that may have environmental damage of any description
- Take measures to identify the correct processes and procedures to work within recognised industry guidelines and to take reasonable steps to reduce any further impact to minimum practicable levels
- Promote awareness and provide practical training to all our personnel, in respect of their responsibilities towards enacting these policies, and in particular to preserve air, water, animal and plant life and to observe proper procedures for the disposal of waste materials, debris and other discharges